South Africa – Township Experience Cape Town
$34 per person
A walking, cycling and taxi tour taking you to some of Khayelitsha’s highlights and points of interest for a fuller picture of life in Cape Town’s largest and most vibrant township.
- DepartureCape Town CDB
- Departure Time08:00am
- Return Time16:00pm
- IncludedSouth Africa – Township Experience Cape TownBreakfastPersonal GuideEntry FeesTransfersGuide in your Language
- Not IncludedDinnerLunchGorilla PermitsChimp PermitsAccommodationInternational FlightsVisasGame Drive(s)Boat Trip/RaftingFamily StayDomestic FlightsActivities (listed)
Experience and engage with locals in the 2nd biggest township in South Africa. This tour focuses on the history and contemporary life style of Khayelitsha ("The New Home"). We transfer you from Cape Town CBD to the starting point of the tour which is Lookout Hill, where you will get a brief historical introduction into Khayelitsha and a 360 dergee view from the top of the hill. We will now walk with you to the centre of Khayelitsha. On our way we stop for breakfast at Spinach King (Africa's First Green Bakery) and move on to the biggest shopping mall in Khayelitsha - you will learn a lot about township life here. After this we will visit to the Wall of Rememberance and take a short drive in a local taxi that will take us to the 18 Gangster Museum (Africa’s first Museum concerning the problematic of Gangsterism). After this we visit a local Kindergarten where we visit and on demand get our hands dirty in the community garden. It's now time for a Tshisa Nyama or Braai (Xhosa / Afrikaans for Barbecue) where we will enjoy grilled meat, pap (a traditional maize dish) and chackalaka (a spicy vegetable dish) @Randz - a local joint that recently gained a lot of popularity amongst Cape Tonians. Let’s get the clicks refined. Khayelitsha is waiting !! This tour features:
- 10- 20 minutes walking tour around the community of Makhaya.
- Bicycle trip through the 2nd biggest township in South Africa
- A visit to a reformed gangsters’ house
- Conversation with an ex-gangster
- A visit to Khayelitsha Mall and Espinaca, an innovative local healthy food enterprise
- Insight into the overall history of Khayelitsha
- Beautiful panoramic view of the township from Lookout Hill.
- A taxi ride to Site C informal settlement c
- Lunch at a fashionable local barbecue joint called Rands
- An immersive tour of 18 Gangster Museum
Tour Prices (per Person)*:
*Prices may vary due to fluctuations of exchange rate and our partner prices
|Number of People||Price||Price with Guide & Transport from and to Cape Town|